Friday, May 6, 2011

VIntage Fashion Expo

So much fun this past weekend attending Santa Monica’s Vintage Fashion Expo at the SM civic auditorium! It was a sunny California day perfect for riding bikes along the beach with one of my favorite Starbuck’s beverages: I call it the black tea lemonlady.  


 This is my re-purposed bike in progress...I got the color and fabric inspiration from the first GLAM chair I did:) Hot pinks and oranges bringing on the summer heat with the addition of the lovely new basket I got for my birthday:)


I found 4 vintage silks scarves from this vendor all hand rolled which means quality and hand-crafted to me:)


digging, digging


and more digging



 Making friends with some fun and energetic vendors: Their names were David and Sabino.  The energy they had was contagious and sure put a smile on my face:)  David owns the Clever Vintage boutique in downtown Los Angeles....visit his site to see what other shows he will be at and we will be there too:)


David and Sabino doing a little impromptu photo shoot with us:)




Although a little blurry I am in aw and excited at the vintage Emilo Pucci print dress in a heavy weight velvet. $800 is a little pricey right now but knowing it exists may come in handy for that high end client in the future:)




hmmm.yeah or ney?...me in debates over this navy, red and white peice that would fit perfectly into a color story I have in the works...the verdict was ney due to the amount of seams and minimal fabric there was to work with.



This is my smirk knowing the next stop for us is the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment