Thursday, September 22, 2011

Friendship Bracelets: Trend Alert!!

So a few months back my mother shipped me a box of goodies I had left down in the basement from when I lived at home.  Amongst the memories was a box of thread and beads I used to make friendship bracelets with when I was a kid.  There were even some unfinished loners I had abandoned.  I remember thinking to myself "arghh, what am I going to do with these now, my mom just sent me crap I will never use again, but since she just spent $15 to ship them...I at least have to keep them for awhile".  


Well I guess I'm glad I kept them cause apparently this is a hot trend that is making a comeback...and it is another great way to re-use and re-invent!  Having been posted up on AT moments ago with and on VainStyle late this summer this old school fad has become more stylish than ever.  Does anyone else see the Missoni esque resemblance here?!!: hence just another reason these are oh so hot! 


Image:  vainstyle.com

Image:  vainstyle.com


Thanks VainStyle and Apartment Therapy!...I think I may have found the inspiration needed for Chrysalis Couture's next pillow collection!...the possibilities are endless!


For tips and tutorials on how to make your own friendship bracelet check out http://friendship-bracelets.net/

Chrysalis Couture's Shopping Guide:

 
                                      Aurelie Bidermann                            Ariel Gordon Jewelry
 
                                   Frieda and Nellie                                Ana Osgood Jewelry


Here is how I'm sportin' this trend:  I found mine while on vacation in the Bahamas at the Straw Market, and yes I did buy some for my friends!!



Creatively Yours,
Cassandra Stearns



No comments:

Post a Comment