Friday, September 30, 2011

Well I Told You Before Braids Were My Latest Inspiration!

 Well I told you before braids and friendship bracelets were my latest inspiration..so it shouldn't surprise your that the latest collection I am working on has such influences...Check out a sneak peek at what I've been up to the past few days:




How I will use these tedious braids is a secret for now...but don't fret...as soon as the final product is finished I will share!  What I can tell you for now is that I originally had different plans for this once ruffled long skirt.  When I purchased it the only use I saw for it was to extract the ruffles but after feeling guilty that there was so much scrap fabric left over I decided to experiment, hence the braids.  After digging  through my fabric inventory abyss I found the perfect flax colored linen to pair with it!  I can't wait to see the results myself!

Now, off to packing for Vancouver Eco Fashion Week!!  I am so excited to accompany my good friend Mallory of Curlee Bikini to B.C for the debut of her 2012 eco-friendly swimwear collection!  Lots of behind the scenes pics to come and lots of eco-friendly inspiration to soak up!



Creatively Yours,
Cassandra Stearns 

No comments:

Post a Comment