Monday, March 26, 2012

Reclaimed Wood Headboards: My Top 5

Today I woke up in a dreamy state of mind.. instead of forcing myself to ignore the fact that I wanted to stay in dream land a little longer I decided to bring that feeling tone to the blog.  The first thing that popped in to my head was these reclaimed wood DIY headboards that I have been coming across everywhere.  Such cool ideas, such hard work put into making all of these and most definitely one of my favorite eco approaches to design.  I mean, if you owned one of these wouldn't you want to stay in bed all day too?!!

Here are my top 5: along with the cats and dogs who love them too!

This one is over the top, literally!! It is by far one of my all time favorites...An installation like this allows you to hang anything you want on it...wether it be hanging lanterns from the top or planters.  It even helps you hide those electrical wires no one wants to see.  This type of headboard definitely claims center stage in this bedroom!  

{image via living etc}

I love the chevron look of this one from Brooklyn to West...its nothing like i've ever seen! Check out the story behind Brooklyn to West and all the other ways to get your hands on a headboard like this here...or eat their pasta! Thats right you read correctly, they have a restaurant too {il vecchio}...up in northern california, which I am definitely checking out on my next road trip north!

{image via brooklyn to west}
How about this one? The simplicity of just adding some gold stripes takes the basic plain reclaimed look up a notch without going overbaord.  Get the full material and instruction list on Camille Styles

{image via camille styles}
Or how about a little "love" for this one?!  Check out behind the scenes pics of this install on House Tweaking

{image via house tweaking}

And last but not least, we all have seen that gorgeous wall from Hillary Swank's Manhatten apartment in Elle Decor last fall {if you haven't yet you can check it out here}. Well, Jonathan of Happy Mundane wanted the look and conquered it with this DIY headboard project.  His step by step experience can be found here on is Happy Mundane blog.

{image via happy mundane}

Creatively Yours,
Cassandra Stearn

No comments:

Post a Comment